Tile roofing is the most popular roofing product in the world and has been used for centuries. There are many benefits to using tile roofing, including durability and variety, and the professionals at Foster Roofing work to make sure you get the most out of your tile roof.
As the preferred contractor for the Northwest Arkansas and River Valley areas, we work with the top manufacturers to guarantee quality installations and warranties.
The Two Types of Tile Roofing:
Clay tiles are all-natural and are fired in a kiln. They are generally one of the most expensive and heaviest roof coverings. However, they have a long life cycle and are environmentally friendly. They also resist freezing, are reliable in hot temperatures, resisting harmful UV rays.
Whether you choose clay tiles or slate shingles, Foster Roofing’s professional estimators will ensure your home has the structural capabilities to withstand the weight and that your new roof will fit your budget.
The Benefits of Tile Roofing
Tile roofing has many benefits that can make it the right choice for homes in Arkansas, Missouri or Oklahoma:
- Designed to last – Tile roofing has undergone over a century’s worth of field performance enhancements. It offers the longest track record of roof performance when compared to other materials like asphalt shingles. Modern engineering has allowed for the development of natural water shedding and ventilation abilities that allow tile to be used in both warm and cold climates.
- Variety – Roof tiles are available in an impressive variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. In fact, there are so many options available that homeowners can find a tile roof style in any architectural style including authentic Spanish, Mediterranean, New England Colonial, historic, or contemporary. The tiles can be made flat, round, to simulate wood shingles, or to replicate historical roofing materials. Your options are virtually endless.
- Long-lasting protection – Tile roofs are built to last, and many have – for centuries. Their lifespan is typically at least 150 years with the proper installation and maintenance. They are also one of the most fireproof materials available. For these reasons, manufacturers offer warranties from 50 years up to the lifetime of the entire structure, making tile roofs an excellent investment.
- Can sustain high winds – Tile roofs are highly resistant to severe weather, making them the most preferred roofing material in areas of hurricane activity or frequent high-wind and hail storms. That is why it is great for use in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma. When installed correctly, tile roof is proven to withstand winds of up to 150 miles per hour.
- Low-maintenance – Maintenance is necessary for any kind of roofing system, but in normal conditions like those here in Arkansas, a tile roof will require minimal maintenance. Your maintenance duties will be restricted to gutters, protrusion flashings, and venting.
Like all roofing systems, the best way to take advantage of the many benefits of tile roofs is to have an experienced contractor who will ensure proper installation. As the preferred professionals in the Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma regions, Foster Roofing has the reputation you can count on for such an installation.
Your Foster Roofing professional can assist you in choosing the best style, material, and color of tile roof to fit your home’s architectural style perfectly while staying within your budget. Call us today for your free estimate and consultation.